Tiruye Mesfin Aman from Ethiopia ran the fastest-ever women time in Warsaw Half Marathon with a time of 1:08:55. Her compatriot and second finisher Likina Amebaw was also under a previous record time set in 2014, managing to stop the clock at 01:09:01. Veronicah Njeri Maina from Kenya has completed the podium squad in a 1:09:49.
The best Polish runner and 5th in women classification was Aleksandra Brzezińska with a time of 1:12:11. She set her personal record taking over 1,5 minute from her previous mark.
Top 10 women results of 16th Warsaw Half Marathon:
1. AMAN Tiruye Mesfin (ETH) 01:08:55
2. AMEBAW Likina (ETH) 01:09:01
3. MAINA Veronicah Njeri (KEN) 01:09:49
4. TEGEGN Addisalem Belay (ETH) 01:10:28
5. Aleksandra Brzezińska (POL) 01:12:11
6. KINGORI Ziporah Wankiru (KEN) 01:12:42
7. MURIGI Lucy Wambui (KEN) 01:14:00
8. MICHAŁKÓW Beata (POL) 01:15:28
9. KIEKARA Annemari (FIN) 01:16:29
10. MAZEK Emilia (POL) 01:17:40